I know this is a bit late but I really wanted to share this post and well, I was in the hospital at the time. So here goes… I am terrible at resolutions. I generally go to that dark place about health and excersice and then fail miserably with a lot of people in America. This year, on the Ravelry group My Sister’s Knitter Kal/Cal, the proposal for crafting resolutions came up as a Knit-a-long/crochet-a-long. I can do that. I mean really. Then I started thinking and there was some crafting soul searching. I really had to think about this. Why, well I find it hard to commit to doing something for myself. Doing things for others comes easiest for me. So, without further ado, my resolutions:
- to learn a new crochet technique – DONE
- to crochet a hooded cowl from the Etsy pattern purchased 6months ago – DONE
- to actually finish the knitting project started 2 years ago… my learning project. ( it is out and I have picked it up twice and made some progress! )
- to use the luscious mink yarn indulgently for myself
- to publish my first written pattern in our Etsy store
- to finish the storage room as a craft room for my escape/creative space
- to start/finish Steph’s scarf promised for Christmas 2013
- to not allow myself to become over burdened with my consignment work
- to list more of my projects on Ravelry
- to finish my WIPs that are not finishing themselves… especially my wheelchair lapgan that could make someone in a local nursing home very happy.
- to get my Lapgans for the Elderly program started and get at least 5 lapgans to the elderly before this fall.
So, did you make crafting resolution? If so, what were they? And have you finished any yet?